Opportunities for Involvement
Looking for opportunities to use your time and talents to support the Lord’s work St. John’s? There are many ways to get involved, serve your neighbor, and connect with others in our congregation.
If you’d like additional information about any of the service opportunities you see here, please contact the church office or email us.
- Liturgical Assistants
- High school youth assist with Divine Services as acolytes
- Assist during services with seating, distribution of bulletins, and gathering of the offering.
- Welcome worshipers as they arrive for services.
- Altar Guild
- Prepare for and clean up after communion, and maintain and change the altar paraments.
- Members can sign up to provide flowers for the altar.
- Sunday School Teachers
- Teach a Sunday School class from 9:45-10:45 a.m, Pre-K-12
- Vacation Bible School
- Assist with set-up, registration, crafts, games, small group leadership, music, teaching, and food during Vacation Bible School, held for one week each summer.
- Youth Group
- Assist with youth group activities.
Elected and Appointed Leadership
- Voters Assembly
- Guides and authorizes the work of the congregation through the Church Council and boards; communicant members of the congregation age 18 and older are eligible to join.
- Board of Elders
- Assists the called staff with the spiritual needs and the worship life of the congregation; elected from the Voters Assembly.
- Board of Education
- Assists with ministry to children and high school youth as well as Christian education activities of the congregation; elected from the Voters Assembly.
- Youth Ministry Team
- Appointed volunteers assist the called staff in planning and carrying out events for the high school youth of the congregation.
- Board of Missions & Evangelism
- Guides congregational efforts in missions and evangelism; elected from the Voters Assembly.
- Board of Christian Stewardship
- Guides and oversees the financial assets of the congregation and promotes scripturally-informed stewardship of God-given resources; elected from the Voters Assembly.
- Board of Trustees
- Oversees the maintenance and upkeep of the physical property of the congregation; elected from the Voters Assembly.
- Digital Communication Team
- Volunteers oversee communication on the web, including the church website and social media.
Fellowship & Service
- Women’s League (LWML)
- women of all ages join together for fellowship, service, and Bible study in affiliation with the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML).
- World and Domestic Missions
- Quilts, health kits, and school kits are made and assembled locally to be distributed throughout the world by Lutheran World Relief.
- Funeral Luncheons
- Provided as a service by the Women’s League.
- Provided by the Women’s League for anniversaries, weddings, etc.
- Nursing Home Visits
- Volunteers share company and devotions with nursing home residents on the second Thursday of each month.
- Lutheran Youth Fellowship
- Centered in the divine service and Sunday morning Bible study, the high school youth also come together for social and service events
- Junior High Youth Group
- Youth in grades 6-8 meet for fellowship activities.
Groundskeeper Help take care of the grounds by mowing and weeding.
- Instrumental and Solo Voice Music
- Members are encouraged to make their instrumental and voice skills known for service to the congregation.
- Play for weekly, lenton and advent services throughout the church year.